NOTE - At the bottom of this narrative there is a link for you to download 2 documents that have all this information. Please download and print that information.
Welcome to the Cherry Creek School District Preschool. We are very excited to begin a partnership with you that will ensure success for your child. This is the first step in what we hope will be a long and positive relationship with Cherry Creek. The Cherry Creek School District has 80 different classrooms at 24 different locations. We have three different preschool programs (Colorado Preschool Program, Special Education, and Tuition). Start the registration process by answering the following three questions:
- Will your child be 3 years old by August 15, 2018?
- YES - please continue to the next question
- NO - then visit our web page 2 weeks prior to your child's 3rd birthday to register for preschool. Children under 3 cannot be in our classrooms due to licensing requirements. You can stop here, we cannot register your child at this point in time.
- Will your child be 5 on October 1, 2018?
- NO - please continue to the next question
- YES - then your child is kindergarten age and qualifies to register for kindergarten. Children who are kindergarten age should not be in our preschool due to licensing requirements. Please visit the Cherry Creek School District web page for more information about kindergarten registration. You can stop here, we cannot register your child at this point in time.
- Is your child receiving services from Developmental Pathways, or are they identified with special education needs?
- NO - please continue to the next section.
- YES - please follow through with the Child Find Evaluation. That is the process that will register your child for preschool. You can stop here, we cannot register your child at this point in time.
General Preschool Information:
- Students must be 3 years old by August 15, 2018 and they must not be 5 years old by October 1, 2018.
- Preschool is a 4 day a week program.
- Classes are Monday-Thursday with no school on Fridays
- Morning: 8:00 am-10:55 am (Drop off from 8:00 to 8:15)
- Afternoon : 11:50 am-2:45 pm (Pick up 2:30 to 2:45).
- Classrooms are balanced with students from the different programs.
- Transportation is not provided
- 4 Days per week, Monday-Thursday
- Tuition is 9 equally divided payments of $340 due on the first of every month
- There is a $100 nonrefundable annual application fee due at registration along with the first month of tuition equalling $440
Colorado Preschool Program(CPP):
- State and federally funded program for students whose families have identified risk factors.
- Qualifying criteria can be found at http://earlychildhood.cherrycreekschools.org/colorado-preschool-program
- 4 days per week, Monday-Thursday
- We are funded for a limited number of slots. If a family believes they may qualify for one of these programs, they will be required to participate in a screening process during their registration appointment. Children are rank ordered with the most impacted families qualifying. Families will be notified about their eligibility by May 1, 2018.
Special Education (Child Find):
- This is for children who have been identified as having individual needs. If your child has already been identified as qualifying for Special Education services, or if you have concerns regarding your child's developmental progress you need to contact our Child Find Office at 720-554-4001. DO NOT CONTINUE THROUGH THIS REGISTRATION PROCESS
Your Preschool registration will be done at the Early Childhood Office located at:
Eastridge Elementary School
11777 East Wesley Avenue
Aurora, CO 80014
*Enter through the blue doors in front of the building.
What to expect during registration:
Your appointment will last approximately 90 minutes. During your time with us we will be completing many tasks that are required by the state and by Cherry Creek. Our goal is to have "one stop" registration and to ensure you leave with an official preschooler. The process will include the following:
- The admission process to Cherry Creek School District
- Completion of online parent forms (required by the district)
- Completion of paper parent forms (required by the state)
- Screening (For families applying for CPP preschool)
You must bring ALL documents and information listed below. If you arrive without the following documentation you will not be able to register your child and you will have to return at a later date. - No Exceptions
***If you are going through the screening process to determine eligibility for CPP, you must bring your child to this appointment.*** Tuition families do not need to bring their child.
Required Documents and additional information to bring to your appointment:
- Your child's Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) Picture ID
- Names and phone numbers for people who can pick the student up from school
- Dentist and Doctor name, phone number, and address
- Health Insurance information
- Tuition only - $440 check or money order made out to Cherry Creek Schools for nonrefundable application fee and first month of tuition - NO CASH OR CREDIT CARDS
- Proof of residency (see below)
Verification of your residency: (one of the following)
- Current Gas or Electric Bill ONLY last or current month (No Disconnect or Final Notices)
- Signed, current Lease/Rental Agreement/2 months old
- Deed of Trust for newly purchased home/2 months old
Co-Resident status can be established and may be renewed annually. Proof of residency for both the Resident and the Co-Resident are required as well as the notarized form/letter. Forms can be found at Cherrycreekschools.org under admissions.
Future resident status can be established with a purchase contract or letter from your builder, listing a specific closing date that must be within the current Semester/Trimester.
Families Applying for Colorado Preschool Program:
In addition to the above documentation please bring as many of the following items as possible. In order to qualify we need to have substantial income verification so the more documentation you can provide the better. Bring the documentation for all adults that live in the child's household. If you have no verification of income you cannot qualify.
- Bring your child (for screening)
- 2017 year taxes, 1040, or W2's
- 2 current paystubs
- Social Security Insurance (SSI) approval letter
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) approval letter
- Proof of Child Support
- Current bank statement checking and savings
- Unemployment verification
We look forward to a bright future and a wonderful partnership with you and your child. Please let us know if we can further support your transition into the Cherry Creek School District
Preschool Registration Checklist.pdf ( 75KB pdf)